Teacher Review: Keli H from Flywheel

January 24, 2014

Category: Spinning
Target Zone: Legs
Location: Rittenhouse Square 
Intensity:
Cardio:
Tighten & Tone:
Total: 

On the teacher?
Hello Monday Morning! After a Sunday Funday watching football playoffs, I managed to get myself out of bed and make it to Flywheel for the early morning class.. it HURT but I was so happy that I did! Keli is an enthusiastic, motivating instructor that gets you energized to start your day-- she only teaches 6am and 7am on Mondays, but it’s well worth the wake up call! All I kept thinking was wowzas I'll take 3 of whatever she's having. Don't be fooled by her peppy personality though, this girl is a seasoned pro. She'll have you dripping sweat before the warm up is over and eager for the rest of the ride. 

Do I know you? Keli made eye contact with everyone as they walked into class, which automatically created a connection, making me feel like it was my 10th class with her. She did the whole ride with us while instructing--MAJOR props. 


Motivating. But not annoying. Her upbeat demeanor is the driving force of the class. You're not going to get the screaming-in-your-face-cursing-every-other-word, but you will hear a keep-pushing-don't-stop-go-faster throughout the ride. 


Prepared. The countdowns were perfect, the music was selected with purpose, and the pushes were timed flawlessly to the choruses. 


http://philadelphia.flywheelsports.com/instructors/keli-hefele

On the class?
There was a puddle of sweat around my bike. AKA I was sweating profusely. Great mix of higher and lower resistance according to the music. Also enjoyed the nice mix of saddle, out of saddle, hills, jogging, run and sprints. So glad I grabbed two towels before class! 

Jams. Sprinted out of class to download some of her new songs before I forgot! Expect to hear a variety of newer and older songs, timed perfectly with the pace of the ride. 


Goals. The first thing she says is to set a goal. Okay, so my goal is 300. 42 minutes later we're on our last song and I'm only at 271, yikes! I've never pushed so hard for 3 minutes straight and ended up slightly passing my goal-- I was pumped! The gentle reminders throughout class about your goal 

The crowd. Ehhh a little low energy. The room was full of spinners who were not really showing her any love, but Keli was peppy as ever. She asked the class how we were doing a few times, and didn't seem phased or agitated by the lack of woohoos. Her persistence kept me going and actually made me want to try harder to make up for the rest of the crowd. 

Intensity. Keli won me over and the class was definitely fun, but it wasn't the most challenging. This may be a good ride to try out if you're new to Flywheel. 

All in All. 
From what I’ve seen, most of the Philly Flywheel instructors are amazing and Keli is no different. She has her own style/personality and I always leave looking forward to the next ride with her. If you’re an early riser, don't press snooze and get to Keli's class! 
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment